Looking for some long set/grub screws

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Slowly reconciling some missing/replaced screws on my lathe and as such I'm looking for the following:

They are supposed to be hollow point screws but I'm not sure that's a necessity.

1 - 3/8" - 16 X 1-1/2" long

1 - 1/4" - 20 X 2" long

Longer will work to.

If you have anything laying around that would work let me know.

Thanks,

Craig

Sailor

Randy
Premium Member
I ordered some from China. It was the only place I could find long ones and long enough to grind a point for gibs

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Well..... I just tried Bolt Supply House, Calgary Fasteners and Tools, and Fastenal. All in the NE

Bolt Supply House said their SE location had one of screws but not the other

Calgary Fasteners said their SE location should have them

Fastenal basically chased me back out the door. They don't deal with public walk ins and I would have to buy a box of 100 at least.

Seems to me I went on this goose chaise back in March but gave up due to the covid lock down happening at that point in time.

Last edited:

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Unfortunately all my set screws are not long enough - correct threads and OD, just too sort.

Bfb123

Quest industrial in calgary or spaenaur in Ontario usually orders arrive in 2-3 business days. Spaenaur probably have them for sure

Sailor

Randy
Premium Member
I have an account at Grainger where they have several thousand set screw but I couldn’t find any long enough and the cone and dog ends were not sharp enough. If you can find the ones you need I can get them wholesale. I think they’re on pages 1794-1801 of the catalog. Also I ordered some from China 1/4” 20 x 21/4”. I only require a couple of them and you are welcome to some if you don’t find any by time mine come.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Good lead! Dang, didn't even think about KBC. I just assumed these were quite obscure sizes, apparently not. I often buy fastener hardware from them.