• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

looking for anyone that has used any of these...

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I need to do a lot of aluminum fill welds, and my little Clarkeweld (that I have set up for aluminum) is just too small and low duty for this job. I will use it in a pinch. It will cost a fortune in gas if I TIG them... I see Princess Auto have stinger rods that will do this (they say) SKU number 8676736. Has anyone here tried these or similar products?

Attachments

• Aluminum-welding-rods.JPG
    Aluminum-welding-rods.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 16

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Are the fills structural or aesthetic?

I've used these rods for aesthetic fills and they are OK. Not great, but good enough.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I did long time ago. I think I have like 200 left. Old stock - you want a dozen?

Welding with them is ... crap. Maybe there is a method to the madness but I have not figure it out - heck I have issues doing it with TIG.

Clearly CalgaryPT is a better then me at welding.

Tom O

Ultra Member
It’s been a good 2 years since I turned mine on I have been thinking about pulse for it or getting a wire feeder for mig my mig is a 135 Millermatic with pulse, stitch and tack but I would like more power like a 250 amp one.