• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Looking for a precision lathe help in GTA (Greater Toronto Area)

bigHUN

I am looking to meat in Greater Toronto Area, but prefer North of 407. I am @ L4G7X4.
I have a design for couple high-precision parts (really small can hold with two fingers). I need prototype tools for (airgun) pellets testing.
I have several generic machine shops around me, but until I explain ... airgun knowledge would be better for improvising dimensions.
Please pm/email me.

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
just my opinion, but it if you are farming the work out, it doesn't matter whether its to a commercial or home shop, you'll be so much further ahead with properly done drawings with dimensions and tolerances. Maybe you are more in the experimental stage.....that is a great excuse to start looking for a lathe :)

Last edited:

bigHUN

I decided not getting a brand new benchtop lathe but fishing from a second hand. I have a SLA 3d printer for most of my parts but this one needs a lathe.
Not looking to commercialize my parts, but for sure there is an open market segment for it.
This is a sample drw for 1+1 parts I would need.
.22 Pellet Roller Tube.JPG
Edit: I got a first pm and looks like we can start chewing the project.

Last edited: