• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

CA-BC Looking for 2x 4' lengths of rail road track

British Columbia
Type
Metal

PaulL

Technologist at Large
Premium Member
Anybody have a clue on where to find such? Asking for a friend (really!).
Ideally on Vancouver Island, but we can visit the mainland if we need to.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I have 2 x ~12" chunks.
I hear there's a whole unused rail line up island ;)

There's a website for everything:
12ft rails from China. :eek:

Try looking here....

PaulL

Technologist at Large
Premium Member
If you are anywhere near Langford BC, I've seen a few lengths tossed into the bushes along tracks near Langford Lake.
That's what we're looking for! Little generator and a 7" angle grinder should make it possible.
Any chance you could put a approximate pin on a map? It's not urgent.

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
In case you didn't find a more sensible supply, there's always this over on the mainland.

FB Track Seller
What's not sensible about taking a generator and an angle grinder into the bushes to cut off tossed track in the woods somewhere near Langford Lake with directions from someone on the internet?
They are very handy I got mine from Brent H when I was up there.

Aliva

Super User
Back in the 1980's I worked at a foundry and track was their main feed stock. They would torch them half way and then drop them from 20 feet with a mag crane snapped at each cut line about 2 foot long pieces. And to think I could have gotten as much as I wanted for nothing.