• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Loc-line assembly without special tools

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
How do you assemble loc-line without special expensive pliers, using the freezer and hot water, or other weird approaches? It's easy. Here you go. I used some ready rod but you could use bolts of various lengths too. Just tighten the nut and they go together easy. This is the best idea I've had all day. :>

Attachments

• 2840810B-2735-4F0D-A55F-1BDF753F400A.jpeg
    2840810B-2735-4F0D-A55F-1BDF753F400A.jpeg
    320 KB · Views: 17

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
How do you assemble loc-line without special expensive pliers, using the freezer and hot water, or other weird approaches? It's easy. Here you go. I used some ready rod but you could use bolts of various lengths too. Just tighten the nut and they go together easy. This is the best idea I've had all day. :>
That's clever John. Good for you. I bought some cheap pliers once, but they slipped and pinched my fingers all the time. Then they broke.

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
son of a b. That’s brilliant. I’ve been fighting those things for years. I usually squish them together using two open-end wrenches and a lot of swearing.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
What the heck is loc-line?

A flexible hose made of rigid parts. Good for coolant hoses as they stay where you point them. People also make all kinds of things like tripods.

Attachments

• AB009DA2-5008-4902-B79D-84D0D0704591.jpeg
    AB009DA2-5008-4902-B79D-84D0D0704591.jpeg
    355 KB · Views: 3

Hacker

Super User
Great idea do you add any lubricant to the joints before you do this?

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Great idea do you add any lubricant to the joints before you do this?
no lubricant but I have sanded the ball joint end. I made a quick arbor out of a 1/4" bolt and mounted the arbor and loc-line in the drill and sanded smooth with some sandpaper.