LF: Calgary Hobbyist w/12+" Press Brake for Hire

cgenovese

Hi all,
A friend referred me here to ask about getting some help with a project. I have a box full of 18ga sheet metal templates cutout, with patterns and bend lines marked.
I'm looking for someone to bend all the pieces, some pieces with multiple bends and arbitrary angles. I started, and quickly discovered the need for a good sized press brake for clearance around intersecting bends.
Additionally, if you're interested in tigging it together as well, maybe we could figure something out.

Looking forward to making some progress on this. Thank-you,

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-31 133821.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-31 133821.png
    189.4 KB · Views: 46

Ironman

Ultra Member
I have a 40" press brake, but I have very few offset dies for some of the stuff you want to bend. I think you would do better with a sheet metal brake, because 18 ga is pretty light. Manually operated sheet metal brakes come up at auction and there are probably a few people in the area who have them.

cgenovese

I have a 40" press brake, but I have very few offset dies for some of the stuff you want to bend. I think you would do better with a sheet metal brake, because 18 ga is pretty light. Manually operated sheet metal brakes come up at auction and there are probably a few people in the area who have them.

I actually started with a small sheet metal brake. I very quickly realized I'd need a press brake for clearance between adjacent bends. I hadn't considered offset dies though. The plate is about 17Ga I think, which needs a bit of stink to bend with lightweight tools.

Pictures? and you're in Calgary?

Hey Janger, I am in Calgary. I haven't really other pictures to share except the templates. Attached is probably the hardest piece.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-02 093433.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-02 093433.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 24

trevj

Ultra Member
Check out the SWAGOFFROAD press brake tooling as a possibility.

They have straight, gooseneck dies, and what they call Hemming dies, which do very tight (obtuse angle) corners, all on a basic shop hydraulic press. They are some assembly required, but offer up a lot of capability for the buck, if you need the stuff!