Lathe cutting a taper

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
@opensourcefan - A couple of things:

What does "soon to be reviewed" mean? You have said that a couple of times but I don't know what you mean.

I agree with others that you should file your claim. But I wish you well. In my experience, PayPal supports sellers not buyers. Pay EXTREMELY CLOSE ATTENTION to the details for the process. If you miss one tiny little thing they will rule against you and refuse to talk to you again. In one case a seller told me similar Greek to what they are telling you and then told paypal I didn't follow their instructions. Which was true but their instructions were stupid (just like yours). PayPal denied my claim. So make sure you actually do what they ask you to do no matter how stupid it is. Don't give PayPal an excuse to deny your claim.

@opensourcefan - A couple of things:

What does "soon to be reviewed" mean? You have said that a couple of times but I don't know what you mean.

I agree with others that you should file your claim. But I wish you well. In my experience, PayPal supports sellers not buyers. Pay EXTREMELY CLOSE ATTENTION to the details for the process. If you miss one tiny little thing they will rule against you and refuse to talk to you again. In one case a seller told me similar Greek to what they are telling you and then told paypal I didn't follow their instructions. Which was true but their instructions were stupid (just like yours). PayPal denied my claim. So make sure you actually do what they ask you to do no matter how stupid it is. Don't give PayPal an excuse to deny your claim.
It meant this... I was hoping for an ending prior to finishing the review but since everything has gone to crap I couldn't hold it off any longer

Thank you for the info, that is what I expected and the seller even mentioned that PayPal would side in their favor.

1. Is providing a warranty on damaged parts acceptable for not replacing those parts?
2. Is a major repair ie removing the headstock considered something I need to do?

Last edited:

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
So make sure you actually do what they ask you to do no matter how stupid it is.
We just had a dispute involving PayPal and what @Susquatch says is 100% true. Our claim was approved but only because we did what they asked and then continued to send proof the vendor was in the wrong. Do as requested but keep sending them the issues with the machine and how you have received a defective unit.
During the process it also seemed that PayPal was siding with the vendor which was frustrating but we won in the end. Having said that our claim was $68 which is nowhere near where your at but hopefully they have some common sense.

Honestly I have no faith in PayPal, so many issues in the past. Once eBay sold them off they became very pro seller. It's their bread and butter I suppose.

It really seems like this seller has experience with disputes, at least by the way he was typing which is scary on it's own.