Lathe Chuck Questions

Tecnico

(Dave)
FWIW, I can mount my PB 4 jaw on the back plate from the hardly used 3 jaw that came with my lathe. In my case the mounting bolt PCD is actually near the OD of the chuck so well away from the mounting pins. Trivia: The back plate is stamped “Victor Holmes Sons - made in Canada

Now, when I talk about the chucks that came with the lathe, that has to be taken with a grain of salt. The 8” 3 jaw didn’t have a back plate and the 6” 3 jaw with a plate needed to be adjusted so it would lock in the spindle so in reality neither was ever on the machine……

I think the 8” is going to resurface on a rotary table at some point and the 3 jaw will make a second bookend to the hard used one that came with my mill. Could find a use at some point for something. It also only has one set of jaws. :oops:

Starting to think about a 2 piece jaw, 6”, 3 jaw, direct mount from Accusize….. @Susquatch how close are we to free shipping from them?

D :cool:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Starting to think about a 2 piece jaw, 6”, 3 jaw, direct mount from Accusize….. @Susquatch how close are we to free shipping from them?

I don't have any timeline on free shipping at all. I'm thinking it is at least 6 months away.

If I were you, I'd compare the 10% Discount plus shipping to the amazon free shipping amount and decide accordingly.

Accusize is aware of this conundrum our members face.