Lablond lathe in red deer for sale.

AntonB

hey guys i was looking at the lathe for sale and was wondering if any of the alberta boys have looked it over already? Im traveling on shutdown atm but curiosity has me wondering

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
$4,250

432248428_7226667610753550_4089216876844060164_n.jpg

I am not on Facebook, so I am only going by the one picture and no description, it seems a little bit high to me.
On the plus side, it appears to have seen regular oiling and the ways don't look dry.
On the other hand, I question the two tone tailstock, not much for tooling pictured (it looks staged, so why not lay out what's included. I say that because who uses a drill bit in the tailstock with a dead center in the headstock?) I am not sure of the age, but my guess is likely 40's-50's, so expect it to be a project, much like buying a new chinese machine only with way more class.
Hopefully there's more that goes with it, otherwise I would be hard pressed to spend much more than $1000 considering the cost of chucks etc.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
I am not on Facebook, so I am only going by the one picture and no description, it seems a little bit high to me.
On the plus side, it appears to have seen regular oiling and the ways don't look dry.
On the other hand, I question the two tone tailstock, not much for tooling pictured (it looks staged, so why not lay out what's included. I say that because who uses a drill bit in the tailstock with a dead center in the headstock?) I am not sure of the age, but my guess is likely 40's-50's, so expect it to be a project, much like buying a new chinese machine only with way more class.
Hopefully there's more that goes with it, otherwise I would be hard pressed to spend much more than $1000 considering the cost of chucks etc.
Late 1940s era Leblond Regal 17x40 metal lathe. Running 240V single phase power. Runs super smooth with no run out on the head. Comes with 3 jaw & 4 Jaw chuck, steady rest, 2 drive plates, 8 quick change tool holders, original tool holders, knurling bar, 2 boring bar quick changes and a 1.25" boring bar, live centers, dead centers and a pile of tooling. This is a big heavy machine than runs very nicely, but unfortunately it is a little too worn in the ways for what I need it to do. It is in place and running if you want to do some test cuts. This is a heavy machine (approx. 1400lbs) and buyer will need to plan for moving.

Bandit

Super User
No chucks pictured, has a face plate on it, 2chuck? Keys under face plate, extra tool post on saddle,quick change tool post on it, 2 tool holders for it. Don't see 4200 worth. Craig just posted, more listed then what's seen.
Think its more then 1400lb.++.

Late 1940s era Leblond Regal 17x40 metal lathe. Running 240V single phase power. Runs super smooth with no run out on the head. Comes with 3 jaw & 4 Jaw chuck, steady rest, 2 drive plates, 8 quick change tool holders, original tool holders, knurling bar, 2 boring bar quick changes and a 1.25" boring bar, live centers, dead centers and a pile of tooling. This is a big heavy machine than runs very nicely, but unfortunately it is a little too worn in the ways for what I need it to do. It is in place and running if you want to do some test cuts. This is a heavy machine (approx. 1400lbs) and buyer will need to plan for moving.
That helps, but I am still going to be under $3000, (probably be thinking 2500 or so.) Anything much more than that and it needs to have a pretty nice set of ways, which this one apparently doesn't.