• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Knifemaker from Leduc County

DanCom

Hey all,

I am a 40-something knifemaker from Leduc County Alberta. I have made all of my tools: a 2x72" 2hp, variable speed belt grinder, 12" disc sander, an electric heat treatment oven, gas forge etc. Most of the plans are at my blog. I am learning more about casting and mokume gane now and want to move into the jewelry department to accompany my knives.

Thanks for having me. I hope that I can contribute to the group.

Dan Comeau

EricB

Hey Dan! What's the link to your blog? Looking forward to seeing your work!

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
Hey Dan welcome to the form. Be sure to show off some of your knives and that beltsander you mentioned. Sounds awsome!

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Variable belt grinder! Electric heat treat oven! SCHWING! :) Yes please show your stuff. Last fall I went to Reynolds museum where some knife makers craftsman were displaying their craft. Awesome stuff. I avoided the vortex effect because that could easily become another side hobby. I'm very interested in your heat treating process in particular.

DanCom

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I too have been to the metal art show at the Reynolds Alberta Museum in Wetaskiwin. A friend of mine (fellow knifemaker) is the manager there.
My latest project is an air/hydraulic 20t press for forge welding. I hope to be able to send you some picks this weekend.

My blog is: http://dcknives.blogspot.ca

Cheers!

Dan

EricB

I checked out your blog and website a bit, awesome work!! Your knives are beautiful, I'm sure we'll all have some questions for you down the road. :p