• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Klipper

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
Any of you running Klipper instead of Marlin on your printers?
Sounds like a worthwhile upgrade in terms of printing time and quality.

gerritv

Gerrit
Yes, klipper on a Ender3 with a Raspi 2 doing the serving.
I find that I can print considerably faster. Presently limited by cooling capacity, only 1 4020 fan. Will print a new manifold that mounts 2 4020's, then should be able to print faster again.
The other huge benfit is being able to change parameters without recompiling Marlin.

Moonraker etc are on the Raspi. Great documentation. It does IMO require going through Teaching Tech's process to tune to best effect.

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
Yes, klipper on a Ender3 with a Raspi 2 doing the serving.
I find that I can print considerably faster. Presently limited by cooling capacity, only 1 4020 fan. Will print a new manifold that mounts 2 4020's, then should be able to print faster again.
The other huge benfit is being able to change parameters without recompiling Marlin.

Moonraker etc are on the Raspi. Great documentation. It does IMO require going through Teaching Tech's process to tune to best effect.
Nice. I started using CHEP's hyperfast printing profile on my ender3 for non critical, functional parts that don't need to be pretty and it cut the time by about 2/3rds for most stuff.
Got me wondering about Klipper. The catch will be finding a Raspberry Pi if I go that route although it sounds like most SBCs will do the trick, more or less.

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
Makerbase also has a board that uses there own version of a pi...or you can use there pi on its own, mk pi, I believe

Plenty of of pi alternatives

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
Makerbase also has a board that uses there own version of a pi...or you can use there pi on its own, mk pi, I believe

Plenty of of pi alternatives
Just found out about the Creality Sonic Pad as well. Sounds like it will work on most of the Creality line and is around 200 bucks and runs Klipper.