• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Kidney stones!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I asked why he wasn't getting them blasted and he said he would rather have one big one than three smaller ones!

He is crazy. Tell him my story. He has no slightest Fg idea what big means...... He shouldn't assume a big one will pass at all. Blast it before its too late.

CT-images-of-a-complete-staghorn-calculus-in-the-right-kidney-in-an-ADPKD-female-Above.png

ACF82.jpg

The scale on that last photo was adjusted.

Tom O

Ultra Member
He is crazy. Tell him my story. He has no slightest Fg idea what big means...... He shouldn't assume a big one will pass at all. Blast it before its too late.

I had my first stone blasted and have always wondered if it was a good thing although it did its job I have to wonder if all the bits flushed out or how much stays to form new stones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I had my first stone blasted and have always wondered if it was a good thing although it did its job I have to wonder if all the bits flushed out or how much stays to form new stones.

Good on you! Most of the time they flush out just fine. Drink lots of water, avoid sitting, and get lots of exercise.

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
When I was 34 I had stones and was told I had the calcification of a 50 year old…..

I go for ultrasounds every couple of years because there are 3 or 4 left that are 10mm in diameter. They compare pictures to see if they are moving or not. So far so good.

One of the few times I’ve seen my dad cry was taking out the plumbing following his stones