• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

KBC Tools Sale

jorogi

Two gripes with KBC.
First they send a sales flyer promoting great savings on measuring equipment. You click on it and it opens page 1 of 1253. Useless.
Two, free shipping with a $500 order. I know, they don't want to deal with home shops but really. My last order was for a Niagara Cutters 0.125" double ended ball nose carbide endmill and a Techniks 1/8" ER 40 collet. I ended up getting both for less than they want for the collet plus free shipping from Amazon.
Just sayin.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Two gripes with KBC.
First they send a sales flyer promoting great savings on measuring equipment. You click on it and it opens page 1 of 1253. Useless.
Two, free shipping with a $500 order. I know, they don't want to deal with home shops but really. My last order was for a Niagara Cutters 0.125" double ended ball nose carbide endmill and a Techniks 1/8" ER 40 collet. I ended up getting both for less than they want for the collet plus free shipping from Amazon.
Just sayin.
That just brought up a memory from a decade back or more. We used to pass the KBC flyers around the shop, and all pool in on an order to get the free shipping if anybody needed anything. The guy making the order got dinged for shipping anyway, and it turned out that the "free shipping" was only for stuff IN the sales flyer. NOT regular stock items. I don't know if that is still the practice or not, but that was a funny story listening to him on the phone getting, and giving a chewing. British guy, real wordsmith....lol

He was really sour about it, because he only ordered a new counterbore or something small like that, and the rest of us got sales items, and his was the only one that was just a regular stock item. I don't remember all the details or the resolution, if he ended up having to pay it or not, but it became a pretty good running joke for a while. The shipping was about double the one thing he bought though.