• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

KBC Tools & Machinery recent Catalogue

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Happy anniversary Dusty, I'm guessing it's all with the same girl. :) Wishing you many more.

I've got 43 years, two different girls but still 43 years. lol

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Happy anniversary Dusty, I'm guessing it's all with the same girl. :) Wishing you many more.

I've got 43 years, two different girls but still 43 years. lol

@YotaBota yes the same 6' 2" girl I married with me all of 5' 8".

When nose to nose my toes are in it and when toes to toes my nose, you catch the saying. LOL

I've used 135, 118 and spotting drill/mill bits (of various angle configurations) in all sorts of sizes from small to large in both mill and drill press.

The important things to do are:

- good center punch when drilling manually.
- good initial alignment when starting.
- sharp bit (can't say enough here)
- correct drilling speed, if in doubt slow it down (particularly on the drill press). On the press I generally run slower for all bit sizes as it helps with alignment and at time of final break thru.
- locked in place helps for real precision.
- finally, practice, practice, practice....it does get easier as you start drilling lots of holes and develop a feel for machine, tools and material.

Ultimately for most its practice, but in production I do whats required for the best, most accurate, fastest (this is what makes money) and costs the least in tooling and set up result.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Thanks to the members for your anniversary best wishes much appreciated.

Spoke with KBC earlier today and here's what they said.

1. The last KBC catalogue was 7 years back and no longer produced.

2. Metric stub drills are now found under the heading of Screw Machine & Stub Drills in their search block which worked for me.

3. Not all KBC metric stub drills are black oxide coated where I assumed they were.

Hope this helps!