• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Kalamazoo Horizontal Band Saw - 8x24, Victoria BC $750

mickeyf

8in. by 24in capacity. Vise can swivel to 45 degrees.

Yes, you read that right. 24 inches.

Older design, but all guide bearings, idler bearings and electrics have been completely replaced.
Electrical box has a provision for a 120V coolant pump, but no pump is installed. Motor has been replaced with a 2HP 240V motor.

New pulleys provide for speeds of 57, 93, 158, 266, and 439 feet per minute.

The saw could use a new blade. (It still cuts adequately, but has a small section where the teeth are worn.) I don't want to second guess what type of blade you prefer, so I and leaving the old one on it.

144in. x 3/4in. blades in a range of materials and tooth counts can be had from this company in Langford, ranging from about $30 for Flexback Carbon to about $70 for Bi-Metal or M2.

Or, you could spend $700 bucks on a new import 4x6 ;-)

Kalamazoo Bandsaw.png pullys.jpg pully-chart.jpg