• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Is your 3-D printer lonley, neglected, bored and in need of a project?

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
This was my x-mass day project:p

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Actually I started it yesterday.....

It adjusts in/out/up/down and tilts.

This should help eliminate some of my tool grinding frustrations:D

thriller007

Good job Craig. You were making things more flexible and I was making mine more solid. It’s set up now to grind at 8° End relief angle when the tool is on top of my grinding jig. And then for the other angles I just adjust the jig.

Attachments

• DD78DAF7-844F-420F-9CA7-BFB7EA458A0E.jpeg
    DD78DAF7-844F-420F-9CA7-BFB7EA458A0E.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 14

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Good job Craig. You were making things more flexible and I was making mine more solid.

Your one piece tool rest has given me an idea for stiffening/stabilizing my tool rests. Rests attached to the wheel guard covers only just aren't all that solid.

Johnwa

Ultra Member
One of the first mods to my grinder was to mount it on a piece of ⅜” plate. My “precision?(lol)” tool rest is fastened to the plate.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
4.JPG

This really helped stiffen up the wheel guard covers and stabilize the tool posts. Unfortunately there is insufficient room to do the same thing in the front. About all there is room for is a piece of 1/4" ready rod, but even that should help some.