• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Tool Is this a Rivnut setter?

Tool
Yes they have the refill packs

Tom, I believe that @DavidR8 is looking for these parts circled in red, not the rivets or riv nuts.

Screenshot_20240713_154615_Chrome.jpg

These are for pop rivets, but the tool is also sold for riv nuts.

I've never seen the anvils sold separately.

Depending on how much you like your gun, I'd either buy a whole new kit or make the appropriate anvils myself.

FWIW, I prefer this style of gun......

NEXTACK Rivet Nut Tool, 16" Heavy Duty Rivnut Tool Kit with 12 Interchangeable SAE & Metric Mandrels & 105pcs Nursert Kit, Threaded Riveter Tool Setter in Organized Rugged Carrying Case(NT800) https://a.co/d/0AhyT5Y

To purchase separate from the gun?
Buy the matching gun with the interchangeable mandrels, etc.

Then you can have TWO nut-setters in different sizes, ready to go!

If yer really bent on doing it cheap, it's not hard to work out the needed dimensions, you need to match to the threaded stud that has the knurled knob on the back end of it (used to change mandrel sizes, and have a threaded portion at the nominal size of the insert thread.
The collar that fits in the nose of the tool, need not be anything special for accuracy either, it just provides a shoulder against which the nut insert is pulled against. Other than the issue of the collar dropping free when you forget to pay attention to it, you could make that as a simple hat section bushing and skip the threads.

Personally, being the basic model of cheap SOB that I am, I would build the puller mandrels as I actually needed a particular size, probably by dint of simply modifying a bolt of the correct threads size, and stock up on inserts, as needed, or when they came on sale...

Have used a Rivet puller for installing Riv-Nuts. Sawed the head off a long shank bolt, screwed the insert on the threaded end, and inserted the shank into the puller. But we had air over hydraulic pullers that would deal with 1/4 inch and larger rivets.... $$$$

Back