• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Is it just me?..... I can't be the only one, can I?

A typical day here....

Wife: "I thought the Xmas lights were on a timer. "

Me: "Yes, why yes they are...."

Wife: "I don't think it's working, as the lights aren't on. "

Me: "Welp, when it gets dark, it's time to plug in the lights, when it's light again, it's time to unplug them...."

A short time later,

Waitress: "Good evening sir, how many people in your party tonight? "

Me: "A table for one please....... "
I must say, when she is right, she is right, it is nice getting out for a nice quiet dinner from time to time. :cool:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
A typical day here....

Wife: "I thought the Xmas lights were on a timer. "

Me: "Yes, why yes they are...."

Wife: "I don't think it's working, as the lights aren't on. "

Me: "Welp, when it gets dark, it's time to plug in the lights, when it's light again, it's time to unplug them...."

A short time later,

Waitress: "Good evening sir, how many people in your party tonight? "

Me: "A table for one please....... "
I must say, when she is right, she is right, it is nice getting out for a nice quiet dinner from time to time. :cool:

Boy, yours is a toughie! Mine would call me an idiot and roll her eyeballs. Then I would threaten to make her sleep in another bedroom alone. An hour later she would say she was sorry and gleefully tell me she had ordered a bedside alarm clock to wake me up to turn them off and on.

Gearhead88

Super User
Mine gets confused by this ....... it's -28 degrees , we are travelling somewhere in one of our vehicles , the windows frost up right away , her - "just turn the heater on " , she fails to understand why the heater doesn't blast nice warm air as soon as you start the car.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Yup! Been there with my girl too!

The other one is going out to the car when it's 95 out and inside the car is 130. She refuses to let me open the windows to get the inside temp down to 95 asap and then roll them up. In her words, "Stop letting all the cold out you idiot!" o_O

OK honey...... :rolleyes:

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
For the record....
My wife is smarter than me.
She is more pleasant than me.
She works harder than me.
She was making more money than me before we retired.
She is kinder than me.
She is infinitely better looking than me.
She is a joy to be around. I am not.
She is more understanding and accommodating than me.
She is more educated than me.
She speaks more languages than me.
She has travelled more than me.
She has more friends than me.
My hobbies cost money. Hers make money,( she is a beekeeper, I break stuff in the shop with expensive tools}
If I die first, she will mourn me, miss me, and carry on.
The good things in my life have mostly been a result of being associated with her.
I understand the urge to make the jokes regarding our significant others and have been guilty of as much on many occasions.
But please, take a good look at your life and appreciate what you have and who shares it with you.
Carry on.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
For the record....
My wife is smarter than me.
She is more pleasant than me.
She works harder than me.
She was making more money than me before we retired.
She is kinder than me.
She is infinitely better looking than me.
She is a joy to be around. I am not.
She is more understanding and accommodating than me.
She is more educated than me.
She speaks more languages than me.
She has travelled more than me.
She has more friends than me.
My hobbies cost money. Hers make money,( she is a beekeeper, I break stuff in the shop with expensive tools}
If I die first, she will mourn me, miss me, and carry on.
The good things in my life have mostly been a result of being associated with her.
I understand the urge to make the jokes regarding our significant others and have been guilty of as much on many occasions.
But please, take a good look at your life and appreciate what you have and who shares it with you.
Carry on.
You are a very lucky man. And you obviously know that also.