• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Ironic Spam Bug?

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
I don't know if this is a bug or not but here goes.
I use a Linux email program called Thunderbird. My email accounts from other services are linked to Thunderbird so I don't need to log into the different email servers to see my mail. For three days or more I tried to register but never received the confirmation letter, I tried two different email services to no avail. It turns out that this site, that is so spam protective, was being seen as spam by the other email services I use and blocked the emails. The one site I figure must have deleted the emails before I had a chance to see them and the other site (yahoo) just dumped them in the spam folder. I tagged this site as okay and now all is well. Once I figured it out and seen the irony it was kind of humorous.
I know this is a bit long winded and convoluted but what is in the confirmation letters that yahoo sees as spam? Has anyone else had this problem?
Mike