• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Inside depth mic WTB

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
Anyone got an extra one laying around? 0-4” is plenty, nothing crazy needed

Digital or mechanical is fine, I don’t need anything crazy accurate

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
A flat block (eg 123 block) with the Caliper slide down through the holes or even a plain piece of flat steel can be laid across the two sides and a Caliper used to measure the pocket.
Just subtract the block or plate.

Or zero a digital one at the block/plate thickness.

You can also buy a depth adapter for the Caliper. (or borrow mine).

Caliper Base, Dial Digital Vernier Caliper Stainless Steel Caliper Depth Base Attachment Measuring Stand Attachment 7 x 0.8 x 3cm https://a.co/d/6qd43gT

trlvn

Ultra Member
There are a couple available on Kijiji if you happen to be around the area:

Caledon, $60 -

Woodbridge, no specific price -

Craig

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
A flat block (eg 123 block) with the Caliper slide down through the holes or even a plain piece of flat steel can be laid across the two sides and a Caliper used to measure the pocket.
Just subtract the block or plate.

Or zero a digital one at the block/plate thickness.

You can also buy a depth adapter for the Caliper. (or borrow mine).

Caliper Base, Dial Digital Vernier Caliper Stainless Steel Caliper Depth Base Attachment Measuring Stand Attachment 7 x 0.8 x 3cm https://a.co/d/6qd43gT
I didn’t know they had a caliper base, that’s likely the cheapest option and would work well

Thanks!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I didn’t know they had a caliper base, that’s likely the cheapest option and would work well

Thanks!

They do work well. I'm just a bit worried that your block is too wide between the two asterisks even for the base. You might still need a flat plate of some kind. A 123 block or 126 block would solve that problem. If the measurement is not critical, any flat plate will do.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Or two parallels side by side with a gap between then for the Caliper stick. Bonus if your parallel has a hole in it so you can just use one.