Indexing Dividing Head, 6 inch, 3 Jaw Chuck, $425, Calgary, AB

jorogi

I think the objects in question were a pair of Starrett 271 v-blocks with the alignment rod. It doesn't belong with the head. I don't think you'll miss them although they do come in handy every now and then.

I think you nailed it, I just hadn't seen them on a rod before.

jorogi

Yup that's them. The guy I bought the head from sent a pic but had no idea. The first pic he had them on thier side so I didn’t see the V grooves. Sorry there's no prize other than this, "atta boy".

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
demoed a fixture plate that he used to turn his rotary table into a much bigger one.
(demonstrated it at the Ontario meetup). Yes - a fixture plate works great to make a 8” RT perform as if it was a much larger RT. But they are 2 pieces and are easy to manage (weight). I think a fixture plate for a RT is an awesome accessory (cheap, light weight, and easy).
Really, couldn't you turn it to size on your RT on the mill ?
I guess i cheated. I cut it using the plasma cutter. I thought 14” was about the right size but 13.5” was the largest I could cut out of the 5/8” scrap plate that I had.
23BA5C17-4D34-4A2B-A562-4B924CAAD537.jpeg E6909290-7ED2-4AEE-8F56-D058E2C5E436.jpeg

I could have used the RT and mill to give it a nice smooth edge, but I like the plasma cut marks.
41B69164-9E7B-422D-8FD7-2170E70B36B8.jpeg F8DD8687-12F7-4B1C-A1F1-B7D2A32A2417.jpeg

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Yes - a fixture plate works great to make a 8” RT perform as if it was a much larger RT. But they are 2 pieces and are easy to manage (weight). I think a fixture plate for a RT is an awesome accessory (cheap, light weight, and easy).

This is DEFINITELY on my project list! I love it! Just need to find the steel plate.

No plasma cutter...... :(

Only OA or the mill itself..... :p