• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

In the market for an Arbor Press: Old Iron or new?

Per the title, I'm looking to add an arbor press to my shop. Probably a 2-4 ton unit would suit my needs.

Do I hold out for a nice piece of old iron, or are the offshore presses decent?

So back to my original question: Are the newer 'chineisium' arbor presses any good, or should I look around for an older 'made in north america' piece of iron?

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I have a 3 ton import arbor press. Works for what i use it for, cost me 200 bucks at an auction

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I just got rid of my little one, in favour of a 3 ton model. The litte one ton was too small for the work I do. You might consider what you need: I have a 3 ton arbor and a 20 ton hydraulic, and still think of making one to suit my needs better.

Old iron doesn't come up often in the West, but more often in the big O (especially in the rust belt)