• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

In Need of: machining small component

As with software projects, when the requirements aren't clear or even present, you can't predict what you are going to get.
In this thread all you have is a drawing. I would quote it as is, or not at all.

It's not going to be a precision component, so tolerances just need to be such that it isn't slack when mounted on a flat plate.
Converting to imperial dimensions (because that is easy stock to find) you are taking .75" and cutting it to .71" wide, ditto with the overall height, .375" stock cut down to .35" (assuming loose tolerances).
Is there a reason 0.75 x 0.375 stock won't work? silly to trim down standard size stock unless really necessary. Ask mentioned, need to know how and to what else it fits.

Photo of the component mounted to the bike.

Attachments

• 3D printed tensioner bracket mounted.webp
    3D printed tensioner bracket mounted.webp
    209.4 KB · Views: 21
Looks like that is maybe a fast bike? more like a motorcycle as the parts are beefy looking. I suggest making that out of steel. and 3d print an idler gear with a bearing inside the gear for chain to ride on. And I would want two bolts holding the arm not one so a chain jam does not yank that arm all over. is there a cover or chain guard? if not make 3d print one of those too. You could make that yourself chain drilling the slot on a drill press and some filing. buy a tap.

Back