• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

I'm open to comments/advice or even sabotage efforts. Lathe move tomorrow

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I need one really rated for a ton.

Most things are a bit stronger than their rating. If it is rated for 1500, then I'm not surprised it handled 2000. But I agree, it's not something I'd count on.

I'm glad it all worked out for you guys.

Is your brother happy?

Bet he dreams about chips all night long for the next 6 months......

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Most things are a bit stronger than their rating. If it is rated for 1500, then I'm not surprised it angles 2000. But I agree, it's not something I'd count on.

I'm glad it all worked out for you guys.

Is your brother happy?

Bet he dreams about chips all night long for the next 6 months......
happy as a pig in poop.

The lathe came with 6 vibration dampening cast iron feet too... and I picked up a nice british tool post grinder to use on both lathes. Our friend Brian got a Albrecht keyless chuck with R8 shank for his bridgeport, and a bunch of made in the USA end mills. He can finally do a bit of work with his mill.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
That's funny! To be honest, that bridge scares me on a windy day........ With NO TRAILER!
One time on my way to Niagara on the Lake I was crossing the skyway and some idiot came flying by me, lost control god knows how and served left then right across every live lane without hitting a soul. They then hit the guardrail and I worried they'd hop over it. It would be a miracle if everyone in the vehicle did not crap their pants.

There was no wind, it was a stunning summer day, no excuse for such an accident. The driver must have dropped their cell phone and tried to retrieve it.

Ever since that day I cross that bridge with a little bit of anxiety that another such driver will make an appearance

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Ever since that day I cross that bridge with a little bit of anxiety that another such driver will make an appearance

Just imagine...... Some people want self driving cars on that bridge. I'd rather have your lunatic crapping his drawers. At least the lunatic is afraid of dying.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
You should hear my wife go on about bees.
Or dogs.
Or.......
I'd actually like to hear your wife go on about bees. I want to learn as much as possible about beekeeping

ps everyone, the honey has been located. I left it in the shop last night and totally blanked on that fact

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
I'd actually like to hear your wife go on about bees. I want to learn as much as possible about beekeeping

ps everyone, the honey has been located. I left it in the shop last night and totally blanked on that fact
You'll have to imagine her voice, but she wrote both of these beginner guides to beekeeping several years ago. Took most of the pictures too.
Free to download.