• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

I Think I Just Found My Dream Job

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
I mean, I live in the city with neighbours, not like you want to be blasting an air whistle all the time. But when we started doing the seven o’clock salute to the health care workers I thought okay, I’ve got a salute making thing or two! So I fire one of them off almost every evening now, and depending on which one I use the neighbours say I it sounds like VIA Rail is coming right up our street. And at 120 psi yup, the sound carries! :D

Thanks for the interest, kind of a weird hobby.

-frank

Not a weird hobby at all. Anything that ties us to the past is worthy of a hobby I think. Very interesting to me at least. Thanks for the pics ...you got my attention, that's for sure.

And for the record, I'm more interested in making stuff than using it. In fact, after I try it once I often lose interest. So a loud blast from my garage probably isn't in the cards. But I fell in love with the horn on Shetland. Maybe I'll settle for a ringtone like that instead.

Thanks for sharing Frank.

Last edited: