How to find the right insert?

Ok I’ve searched all over , you tube , google and different forums but I’m reduced to asking what I’m sure is a dumb question..

Hopefully I’m sure someone on here can tell me in their sleep.
how do I find what inserts to use on this face mill? I’ve tried googling ever number on the side of this thing with no luck. I acquired this in a “box of stuff” purchase

Attachments

• DB332CF8-2B2C-48C9-9103-C7EC224CD322.png
    DB332CF8-2B2C-48C9-9103-C7EC224CD322.png
    619.2 KB · Views: 20
Thx
That didn’t take ya long!
Is there a online site that sells quality inserts, or a place in Red Deer, Edmonton or Calgary.
Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Beginners luck LOL.
I actually know nothing about Kennametal other than high quality, caters more to industry & somewhat spendy compared to the dark alleys I lurk in. In Calgary I would try DMH or Thomas Skinner, they cater mainly to machine shops. DMH doesn't really have a website but are knowledgeable. TS has a website but you have to get the product number right which is hit & miss. Both very helpful on the phone though. There may be others but those are 2 I'm familiar with.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Kennametal is distributed by Edge Productions https://www.edgeproduction.com/

I was just there (Calgary) a few days ago getting a quote on inserts for a bunch of my toolholders. Great guys. They'll help you find genuine inserts or other brands that will fit. They aren't offshore-cheap, but I'm happy to use their inserts whenever I can.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
oooh, some nice product lines there Dabbler. Didn't even know that place existed. Good lead.