• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

How to find the right insert?

Ok I’ve searched all over , you tube , google and different forums but I’m reduced to asking what I’m sure is a dumb question..

Hopefully I’m sure someone on here can tell me in their sleep.
how do I find what inserts to use on this face mill? I’ve tried googling ever number on the side of this thing with no luck. I acquired this in a “box of stuff” purchase

Attachments

• DB332CF8-2B2C-48C9-9103-C7EC224CD322.png
    DB332CF8-2B2C-48C9-9103-C7EC224CD322.png
    619.2 KB · Views: 20
Thx
That didn’t take ya long!
Is there a online site that sells quality inserts, or a place in Red Deer, Edmonton or Calgary.
Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Beginners luck LOL.
I actually know nothing about Kennametal other than high quality, caters more to industry & somewhat spendy compared to the dark alleys I lurk in. In Calgary I would try DMH or Thomas Skinner, they cater mainly to machine shops. DMH doesn't really have a website but are knowledgeable. TS has a website but you have to get the product number right which is hit & miss. Both very helpful on the phone though. There may be others but those are 2 I'm familiar with.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Kennametal is distributed by Edge Productions https://www.edgeproduction.com/

I was just there (Calgary) a few days ago getting a quote on inserts for a bunch of my toolholders. Great guys. They'll help you find genuine inserts or other brands that will fit. They aren't offshore-cheap, but I'm happy to use their inserts whenever I can.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
oooh, some nice product lines there Dabbler. Didn't even know that place existed. Good lead.