• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Hot deal on a Logan - $600 - Winnipeg

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
Everything seems to be there, chucks and a steady, (didn't see change gears, hopefully they are there) and they are a decent little lathe...... this Toronto boy is getting kind of envious of you out west and all the awesome deals you get on machines!

5c09c50c-0ec1-4547-a40f-178f5b52edc6-1300x975.jpg

I sent a note to ask about spindle runout and bedways. I suspect this will be gone very quickly before the weekend. As long as the bedways aren't complete trash I suspect this will be gone before I convince myself to buy it.

From what I can gather the 9" was there cheap version built in the mid-50's.
There was a machine shop still making parts for them in 2012. Not sure if this is still the case.

9X17

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I sent a note to ask about spindle runout and bedways. I suspect this will be gone very quickly before the weekend. As long as the bedways aren't complete trash I suspect this will be gone before I convince myself to buy it.

That's usually how it goes. Anything that is worth whatever they are asking is gone yesterday.

That's why I advocate knowing what you want beforehand, and hitting the highway with cash in hand when one shows up.

Forget about asking questions that require the seller to do anything. By the time they answer, it is gone. Just go with the tools in hand to do your own checking.

Jswain

Joe
That's usually how it goes. Anything that is worth whatever they are asking is gone yesterday.

That's why I advocate knowing what you want beforehand, and hitting the highway with cash in hand when one shows up.

Forget about asking questions that require the seller to do anything. By the time they answer, it is gone. Just go with the tools in hand to do your own checking.
This x 2000

Put yourself in the sellers shoes. One guy says "hey can you measure the spindle runout? How are the ways? Do you mind if I check this & test that?

Next guy says "hey I would like to buy your lathe I can come anytime today that works for you"

Which does he give first dibs? Be honest