• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Horizontal milling machine $400

Rauce

Ultra Member
Awesome! Haven’t been on here much lately and I had spotted that last week. Went to see if it was still up and the ad was gone. Figured I’d check here to see if it went to a good home.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Glad this nice machine found a new home and I didn't have to move stuff around again to squeeze it in :D. I did go out in the shop a few times to ponder where it would go too lol. Looks like a nice mill, congrats on the deal.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Dan....you know you want it!
Yep, I did. If I had more space I would have jumped all over it. As it is, I've got my horizontal bandsaw tarped out in the driveway right now, and already had to pass on a nice roll in saw last week I really wanted too. My wife is really good about a lot of things, but 2 bandsaws tarped in the driveway is pushing it even for me :D. If it was a surface grinder I might have tried to find a way to shoehorn it in somewhere, but right now I've gotta hold off on any new acquisitions until I get more space to put them. I'm liking the layout I've currently got...somewhat.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
I've wanted a roll in for a long time, This one was $500 and a only 20 minute drive from my house. Really nice shape too. I found the marketplace ad when it was only a few minutes old...... For stuff like that, I always think "there will be another one", but I don't know about that. I still think about the one I missed about 10 years back for $200..... Adjusted for current inflation it's about the same I guess ...... :D

I have no space in my shop right now, and I didn't want to leave it outside, it was too nice for that. My current horizontal came from a barn, and was rusty already, so I don't really care that much about it. It cuts and works fine, so it doesn't bother me to sit outside under a tarp. I usually keep it back in the barn, but got into a bunch of fabrication projects in early summer, and I got tired of making the walk back there to make some cuts and brought it up to the house. It was supposed to be temporary.....We all know how that goes......