• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Horizontal milling machine $400

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Waterloo, ON

957d7e56-f86b-4f52-b757-2c2427dc50af

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
At that price it may as well be free. It comes with 3 arbors that alone used are somewhere next to $200. So the machine is essentially sold for price of scrap - which is $240.

Somebody hurry up and buy this so I don't do something stupid this weekend.....
Now, from someone who knows something about being stupid from time to time, perhaps more depending on who you are talking to........ That is not a stupid move, missing out on it might be.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
@Dan Dubeau can we enable you!
I don't need enabling, I can do that well enough myself :D. I need space. This is a no brainer buy, I just don't have space, or the time to move stuff around to shoehorn it in right now.

Timing is bad, and a bunch of other reasons. But this will be a great deal for someone no doubt. I'll pass....But I want it.....

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
At this price if you think its a problem lifting it even with engine hoist you can afford to hire a company. A tow truck etc. Its a steal.

People back out b/c they are afraid of 3ph power or some other stuff like too heavy, too big etc.

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
Buying tools/machines is never stupid - just need to get it past the Money Boss…

I take the "easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission" approach.

Victoria/Elliot are solid British made machines. I've got the larger "2" its a beast, 4hp, plows through anything, even at a 1" doc.

Dan....you know you want it!

Aarknoid

Assuming there is no catch, loading the trailer should be easy with the fork lift on site, unloading at home with engine hoist and pump truck should be doable.