• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Homemade tools.net

Hey members. Has anybody joined the site Homemadetools.net? Just curious if it was worth the money and how the prints and diagrams were.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I joined a few years back & downloaded/purchased a few drawings. I don't actually remember paying to join though, is that new? Some people were selling plans & I just (maybe naively assumed) the originators were being compensated or proceeds split. But in one case it was just a redirect to their own website. I think some CAD forums have a similar proceeds model where if you download someone's part, they get a cut of proceeds?

I did find some of my own contributions on HomeMadeTools popping up on other forums, but I guess not much different than Googling something & being led back to here for example.

Ironman

Ultra Member
There's even a steam jenny I made for thawing pipes there that they scooped off Shopfloortalk.