• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Holy Crap! Mitutoyo CMM $600 Langley BC

What a deal. I've spent a lot of time running the exact same model. Was very close to buying one (slightly bigger model) at one time for $35k, so 600 is a steal. You will run into issues with Mitutoyo about software licensing, calibration, moving, but it's mostly that they just want their money. It won't be 600 by the time you're measuring parts....Mcosmos isn't transferable, and it isn't cheap.....

That Tp20 is worth $600 alone. Just buy the machine, sell the probe, and use the plate as just a plate for free.

There are auction tags on it, so my guess is they bought it for a song at the auction, then called Mits to find our how much it would be to get it moved and up and running and didn't like the an$wer they got. If I had to guess, I'd say they'd be over 20k moved, calibrated and running legal software, but I could be way off any real numbers I have are at least a decade old.

I have exactly 0 need for this - like none whatsoever. AND YET I WANT IT SO BAD!!!! - Hello - my name is Jesse and I'm a tool addict.
.... probably never find one cheaper..... You don't have to need it, provided you want it bad enough.... You are right, you should pick it up, so the rest of us can follow along on your journey towards master precision...:rolleyes:
I would, but a Walmart yardstick is precise enough for my rudimentary needs.....:p

Yep.

Measure with a ruler, mark it with chalk, cut it till it fits! Weld it until it sticks, and make it pretty with a grinder and Rustoleum!

In all honesty though, the first thing through my mind when I saw the price, was "What will it actually cost to make it work?"

For 600 bucks though, use the granite slab as the front step in to your shop!

Back