• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Hi Guys

L

Louis Dusablon

Started playing around with a lathe a couple of years ago,
Now I am hooked.

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
Welcome to the form. Machining is a useful skill to have and there is no limit to what you can do. Looking forward to chatting about turning and nice machine BTW

EricB

Welcome to the forum, Louis! Can't tell from your photo, what kind of lathe have you got?

L

Louis Dusablon

this is my third lathe , just picked this up in the summer
16x40 5 hp/ 3 ph. JFMT AMURA

Wayne

Welcome Louis,
I too am new here but these guys are great! A good reliable source of information and assistance.More so to me as I have no prior knowledge, but these guys are patient and informative. At least the ones I have communicated with so far certainly are. Stay Safe,

Wayne

L

Louis Dusablon

Hi Wayne
yes it appears so, I got to figure out how all this works lol

Wayne

Hi Louis,
It's fairly easy, you'll get it in no time. What kind of stuff are you making? With a three phase lathe I take it that your a machinist?

Wayne

L

Louis Dusablon

Hi Wayne

I bought this thing on a whim, took a chance, had an idea to convert with a VFD, in needed only some minor work
really nice And solid machine it got to weight close 2 tonnes . My plan is to get setup before I retire, really like turning metal,
so far just playing around with metal using the other lathe to complete this one then will sell my 1440.

Wayne

Hi Louis,
Very nice, I wish, I wouldn't have the room for that 3 phase machine. I am looking at getting a King 12 X 36 which is about all I can afford. I hope to have some fun with it but I'm not that strong in math which I understand Is important in this hobby. I think getting stuff centered alone may buy tough. LOL.

Wayne

Wayne

I hope so, that just leaves trying to find the exact center of everything. LOL I am going to look at a DB200 today, it is a very small mini lathe from the 1940's I think. Might be fun to work on before attempting the 12 X36.

Matt_b_m

Welcome aboard Louis! I haven't been here long, and I'm completely new to machining, but I've learned a lot here so far, great group of guys.
Have fun!