• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Hi from central AB

EliseLCR

Hi Elsie - how are you shaping and cutting the petals? Do you have an anvil forge etc? If you have any other pictures of the process I’m sure we’d like be to see them.

Hello! Sorry, I have not logged on here in sooo long!
I actually just use a zip cut for cutting out the circles of sheet metal (the “layers” of petals)
Then drill a hole in the centre of them, and divide each circle into 5 parts like a pie (the individual petals) then cut from the outer edge in alllmost to the centre hole. I tack them all up largest to smallest layer to a small rod (the banding wire that comes off the large bundles in receiving at the shop works nicely lol. Always found in the scrap bin )
I then simply use the oxyfuel torch and pliers to twist and shape my petals, starting with the centre rose “bud” working out to the larger outside layers
1e15d8f3655ae62c9c92f8208557dbda.jpg
c0536164ba93680b7653f57c6ca3c291.jpg
e93380a978086125bfa95874e3567929.jpg

Hope this helps :)

EliseLCR

Wow, thanks for the pics. I have no idea what other are creating/building. Most of the time I am attempting to create some me time.

Hey nothing wrong with that either, “me” time is getting harder and harder to create these days! [emoji28]