• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Hi from Amherstburg Ontario.

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
I am a semi-retired hobby machinist. Still in the process of setting up my garage shop. This has been a 2-year project starting with insulation, wiring heat, continuously moving junk from place to place. I wish my space was bigger, but I am thankful to have a workspace. I hope this forum will be my new home. I have so many projects under way they never seem to get done before more get added.......

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Welcome from Toronto.

I always get Amherstburg and Amherstview confused... to make matters worse, they both are water adjacent.

So when I need 3d scanning you're the person to see.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Most definitely. I will also convert it into a solid model too.
a few months ago I had something I really wanted to get 3D scanned, but for the life of me now I can't recall what it was.

aging sucks... aches pains are one thing, but boy deteriorating memory is the worst. I'm sure that I did not get the part scanned so there need is still there.

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
a few months ago I had something I really wanted to get 3D scanned, but for the life of me now I can't recall what it was.

aging sucks... aches pains are one thing, but boy deteriorating memory is the worst. I'm sure that I did not get the part scanned so there need is still there.
For me, the never-ending list keeps getting bigger and bigger. Seems I have enough work now to the spring just shuffling stuff around to make a few extra feet of workspace.. CAD is much easier than actually moving 3000 pound machines.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
For me, the never-ending list keeps getting bigger and bigger. Seems I have enough work now to the spring just shuffling stuff around to make a few extra feet of workspace.. CAD is much easier than actually moving 3000 pound machines.
I hear yah, I'd much rather do cad than move machines. I had to move a few this year

Crosche

Super User
Greetings from Calgary and welcome to the forum! Congrats on semi-retirement with a new shop; as with many things...it's not the size, but how you use it ;)

Cheers,
Chad

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Welcome from Kitchener, ON.
I have a few friends who work for Dainty Rice in Windsor.
One for sure . . . lives on the edge of Amherstburg.