Hi from Amherstburg Ontario.

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
I am a semi-retired hobby machinist. Still in the process of setting up my garage shop. This has been a 2-year project starting with insulation, wiring heat, continuously moving junk from place to place. I wish my space was bigger, but I am thankful to have a workspace. I hope this forum will be my new home. I have so many projects under way they never seem to get done before more get added.......

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Welcome from Toronto.

I always get Amherstburg and Amherstview confused... to make matters worse, they both are water adjacent.

So when I need 3d scanning you're the person to see.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Most definitely. I will also convert it into a solid model too.
a few months ago I had something I really wanted to get 3D scanned, but for the life of me now I can't recall what it was.

aging sucks... aches pains are one thing, but boy deteriorating memory is the worst. I'm sure that I did not get the part scanned so there need is still there.

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
a few months ago I had something I really wanted to get 3D scanned, but for the life of me now I can't recall what it was.

aging sucks... aches pains are one thing, but boy deteriorating memory is the worst. I'm sure that I did not get the part scanned so there need is still there.
For me, the never-ending list keeps getting bigger and bigger. Seems I have enough work now to the spring just shuffling stuff around to make a few extra feet of workspace.. CAD is much easier than actually moving 3000 pound machines.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
For me, the never-ending list keeps getting bigger and bigger. Seems I have enough work now to the spring just shuffling stuff around to make a few extra feet of workspace.. CAD is much easier than actually moving 3000 pound machines.
I hear yah, I'd much rather do cad than move machines. I had to move a few this year

Crosche

Super User
Greetings from Calgary and welcome to the forum! Congrats on semi-retirement with a new shop; as with many things...it's not the size, but how you use it ;)

Cheers,
Chad

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Welcome from Kitchener, ON.
I have a few friends who work for Dainty Rice in Windsor.
One for sure . . . lives on the edge of Amherstburg.