Hey guys, I'm new to machining... What a great find!

Danton

Hey guys,

I am new to machining and in the Calgary area. I don't have any formal training in manufacturing, but have a design background, and looking to play around in my garage and get some personal projects going. Looking forward to some of the get-togethers.

Dave

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
Welcome Dave. Glad to have you on board and looking forward to seeing what your working on.

Danton

Excited to be here. I will be even more excited to post whatever I am working on once I figure out how all this machining stuff works - Haha... I am interested cnc machining, and look forward to trying out some parts.

Any thoughts on a great local place to buy metal (aluminum, stainless)?

Last edited:

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
samuel specialty metalsmetals is really cheap supplier of aluminum and stainless. There is a $125 minimum order but you can get roughly 35lbs of aluminum round bar for about $120.

Danton

samuel specialty metalsmetals is really cheap supplier of aluminum and stainless. There is a $125 minimum order but you can get roughly 35lbs of aluminum round bar for about $120.
Thanks, I will check them out for sure. I have bought from online metals, but the exchange isn't very good these days.