• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Hey guys, I'm new to machining... What a great find!

Danton

Hey guys,

I am new to machining and in the Calgary area. I don't have any formal training in manufacturing, but have a design background, and looking to play around in my garage and get some personal projects going. Looking forward to some of the get-togethers.

Dave

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
Welcome Dave. Glad to have you on board and looking forward to seeing what your working on.

Danton

Excited to be here. I will be even more excited to post whatever I am working on once I figure out how all this machining stuff works - Haha... I am interested cnc machining, and look forward to trying out some parts.

Any thoughts on a great local place to buy metal (aluminum, stainless)?

Last edited:

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
samuel specialty metalsmetals is really cheap supplier of aluminum and stainless. There is a $125 minimum order but you can get roughly 35lbs of aluminum round bar for about $120.

Danton

samuel specialty metalsmetals is really cheap supplier of aluminum and stainless. There is a $125 minimum order but you can get roughly 35lbs of aluminum round bar for about $120.
Thanks, I will check them out for sure. I have bought from online metals, but the exchange isn't very good these days.