• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Hendey 14x30 Lathe $250 Vancouver

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Seller has a dock and can fork it onto trailer or truck.

Attachments

• IMG_0121.jpeg
    IMG_0121.jpeg
    310.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0120.jpeg
    IMG_0120.jpeg
    276.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0122.jpeg
    IMG_0122.jpeg
    340 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0124.jpeg
    IMG_0124.jpeg
    411.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0126.jpeg
    IMG_0126.jpeg
    473.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0130.jpeg
    IMG_0130.jpeg
    548.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0132.jpeg
    IMG_0132.jpeg
    562.4 KB · Views: 20

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Someone on the mainland go get this lathe! The seller is serious about the price.

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Crap. I’m stuck in Europe. Otherwise a trip to the mainland would totally be worth it.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
@PaulL
You're gonna need a trailer for that beast!

PaulL

Technologist at Large
Premium Member
Yikes - that would mean upgrading to an equipment mover. Thinking about it a bit harder ;-)

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Yikes - that would mean upgrading to an equipment mover. Thinking about it a bit harder ;-)
I was getting emails from a machine rigging company in Vanc. Not sure f I have them anymore.

PaulL

Technologist at Large
Premium Member
3k lbs means I can't move it around with my gantry. So everything gets much harder. I guess I understand why it's priced to be removed.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
3k lbs means I can't move it around with my gantry. So everything gets much harder. I guess I understand why it's priced to be removed.
Yup, moving these beasts is always what trips me up.

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Moved lots of heavy stuff myself with pipes and pry bars. If they can load it that’s half the battle.

PaulL

Technologist at Large
Premium Member
Except it has to go by barge to the cabin, no way this fits in my city shop. So *everything* becomes an order of magnitude more complicated, and expensive. If I can't share the barge, for example, I'm in for $1500. Gah. So I need a small flatbed or a trailer to hold the thing for an indeterminate time until I can get a corner of a shared barge...suddenly the $250 and the ferry fees stop being the dominant costs :-(

Really, I should find one of these little Myfords to bring to the island shop. Hint, hint, @David_R8

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Except it has to go by barge to the cabin, no way this fits in my city shop. So *everything* becomes an order of magnitude more complicated, and expensive. If I can't share the barge, for example, I'm in for $1500. Gah. So I need a small flatbed or a trailer to hold the thing for an indeterminate time until I can get a corner of a shared barge...suddenly the $250 and the ferry fees stop being the dominant costs :-(

Really, I should find one of these little Myfords to bring to the island shop. Hint, hint, @David_R8
I'll keep my eyes open for you @PaulL

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member

Ah. One ferry and a car-hauler adds another dimension. Another small ferry adds a couple of others. And $ every time.

JReimer

so why is this still available? I just saw this post and quickly sent the seller a message to see, but if it is still there I will figure a way out to grab it.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I think it's still available because it's a beast of a machine. Expect 3500-4000 lbs. It's 8 ft long.

JReimer

sent a message yesterday and haven't heard back - I think it might be gone (no surprise)