• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Hello strangers

Art Rude

Brand New Member
Hi, my name is Art and I recently moved to Calgary.

My technical expertise in manufacturing consists of a machining basics course I took a while back and making some incredibly ugly but functional furniture for myself. Here in town I have access to a small general purpose shop - looking forward to improving my carpentry and having a go at some basic metalworking.

Hoping to possibly trade beer in return for heat treatment of kitchen knife blanks in the future. To be a bit presumptuous - I would love to just help out in a hobby shop for the chance to learn. Most colleges or vocational schools don't let you access their shop unless you are part of some course. Then again, I'm just an internet stranger so perhaps somewhat unrealistic.

I work ragged hours up north doing inspection and there is only so much gym time a guy can have before wanting to build something.

Cheers.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Hi, my name is Art and I recently moved to Calgary.

My technical expertise in manufacturing consists of a machining basics course I took a while back and making some incredibly ugly but functional furniture for myself. Here in town I have access to a small general purpose shop - looking forward to improving my carpentry and having a go at some basic metalworking.

Hoping to possibly trade beer in return for heat treatment of kitchen knife blanks in the future. To be a bit presumptuous - I would love to just help out in a hobby shop for the chance to learn. Most colleges or vocational schools don't let you access their shop unless you are part of some course. Then again, I'm just an internet stranger so perhaps somewhat unrealistic.

I work ragged hours up north doing inspection and there is only so much gym time a guy can have before wanting to build something.

Cheers.

Welcome,

If you're looking to kill some time in Calgary, I would be happy to spend an afternoon with you, some blanks, some beer, and my electric kiln. I'm new to the heat treat process, but we can learn together, haha.