Hello from Winnipeg

Hi everyone - new member here from Winnipeg. I'm just starting to tip toe into the machining world. My Dad is a hobby machinist with a few little Sherline CNC machines, and I've been asking him to make me parts for motorcycle projects for long enough that I think it's time I step up and learn myself. Currently on the hunt for a reasonably priced manual lathe that I can cram into my little single-car workshop.

Last year I invested time and money into getting setup for TIG welding. I think having some machining abilities will be a very complementary skill set. Looking forward to learning a lot here!

Last edited:

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
Welcome from calgary, im from winnipeg originally!....need something to do during those cold winters ;)

Howder1951

Hi everyone - new member here from Winnipeg. I'm just starting to tip toe into the machining world. My Dad is a hobby machinist with a few little Sherline CNC machines, and I've been asking him to make me parts for motorcycle projects for long enough that I think it's time I step up and learn myself. Currently on the hunt for a reasonably priced manual lathe that I can cram into my little single-car workshop.

Last year I invested time and money into getting setup for TIG welding. I think having some machining abilities will be a very complementary skill set. Looking forward to learning a lot here!
Hi Smokey, welcome to the forum, I am an old retiree in Selkirk, MB and have been hobby machining for over 30 years now. I am just contacting those who are in my backyard so to speak. See you around, cheers!