Hello from Victoria

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Gosh I realized that I registered here a while back and never did an intro post.
So here I am, hailing from Victoria. Long time woodworker, somewhat newbie metal worker (I can weld and grind, emphasis on the latter!)
Just bought a mini lathe so I can make some bits for motorcycles and other tooling. Getting my shop space in order after being shopless for several years.
Happy to be here!

francist

Super User
Thanks, it's home (in more ways than one). I was pretty heavy into wood too for many years but made the shift over to metal a while ago. The shop still has to do double-duty though just in case. My only saving grace is that I don't mind smaller machines, otherwise I'd be pooched.

-frank

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Gosh I realized that I registered here a while back and never did an intro post.
So here I am, hailing from Victoria. Long time woodworker, somewhat newbie metal worker (I can weld and grind, emphasis on the latter!)
Just bought a mini lathe so I can make some bits for motorcycles and other tooling. Getting my shop space in order after being shopless for several years.
Happy to be here!

Just joined too. Also here in Victoria.
John

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Nice to 'meet' you John.
Are you the brains behind the ELS project on your site?
It was brought to my attention on the 7x14 yahoo group list.
Yup. The ELS is my baby. I've been so busy with other work over the years that all I really do is sell the occasional one. But every time I use it I'm in love with it again. Especially for boring holes to a specific depth. I'm trying to retire and then I might have some time to upgrade it. Hardware costs have dropped so dramatically that it's really time to add multi-line encoder support.