• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Hello from Thornbury, Ontario

mjb2262

I joined yesterday and am looking forward to membership here. I am interested in vintage autos and a number of years ago I built a 1923 Ford T Bucket (over the course of 7 years). My Equipment includes an Atlas 618 Metal Lathe with many accessories, Delta DP400 (Floor Model) drill press with an XY table and an Atlas Milling Machine Index Centres attachment, along with the usual small power and hand tools….Mike

Thank you for your welcome this morning Don & Trlvn! I definitely a misfit…I do have some photos from years gone by Attached below…I’m on to another project from 1957

Attachments

• 01A633F5-F8D9-435A-B738-CCE8D7B741F0.jpeg
    01A633F5-F8D9-435A-B738-CCE8D7B741F0.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 41E73220-81C5-471C-ADE4-B4C9DFBC5415.jpeg
    41E73220-81C5-471C-ADE4-B4C9DFBC5415.jpeg
    397.5 KB · Views: 20
  • B3079FAC-D0AB-4FC6-A382-1A206DCDDF08.jpeg
    B3079FAC-D0AB-4FC6-A382-1A206DCDDF08.jpeg
    609.6 KB · Views: 20
Welcome from Sudbury. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here a lot of good folks.
I used to work for a company headquartered in Thornbury. Teledyne Mining, I think their out of business now or maybe changed their name.

Hi Mike,
We are visitors to Thornbury many times during the year to see the fish ladder, galleries and Apple orchards.

Lots of machining experience in this group, just post any inquiries for feedback.

Including some pictures of your equipment or work is encouraged.

Welcome from Farm Land south of Chatham Ontario.

I retired after a 35 year career in automotive so I really don't want much to do with cars and trucks anymore. But I was born a farm boy so I've returned to my roots. I love fixing things, making things, and making tools for my tools. It all fits within the scope of our common hobby. I think you will be happy here.

I want to thank all those who have sent words of welcome! I feel very fortunate to be connected with a group of extremely capable members with experience, expertise and skills far beyond metal working…As said by many, I know I will be happy here and hope I will have something to contribute to others….Thank you!

A continuing thanks for the welcomes! Chicken Lights…you were asking for more details, I wasn’t sure whether you were asking for details on the engine for the 23 Ford….if so, the engine is a 427 cubic inch 1967 Corvette engine with 500 miles on it before the car was totalled. It was 435 horsepower with the three, two barrelled carburetorS.

The Speedster engine is a 4 cylinder air cooled engine from a 1969 Porsche….looks identical to the stock 1957 engine but with more horsepower.

A continuing thanks for the welcomes! Chicken Lights…you were asking for more details, I wasn’t sure whether you were asking for details on the engine for the 23 Ford….if so, the engine is a 427 cubic inch 1967 Corvette engine with 500 miles on it before the car was totalled. It was 435 horsepower with the three, two barrelled carburetorS.

The Speedster engine is a 4 cylinder air cooled engine from a 1969 Porsche….looks identical to the stock 1957 engine but with more horsepower.
Nice!! It looked like a rat but I wasn’t sure

What tranny and diff?

Aliva, The teledyne factory is still there but has changed names (ownership) twice now.

LenVW…I can tell you know the area very well…Let me know when you’re here next time and come for a visit!…Mike

Back