• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Hello from SW Ontario

HuronMachinist

Stumbled across the site looking up information on scrapers. I am a licenseed tool maker and worked in a tool shop for 12 years. Moved to robotics about 9 years ago. A few months ago I was in the market for a snow mobile when I came across an emco maximat with a milling head that was brand new! Got the chip making bug again I guess. Since then I have renovated my basement and am 80% of the way to a fully functioning machine shop in the basement. This looks like a great site.

TOBARApprentice

Super User
Hey there from Ancaster. I just finished setting up shop. I’m guessing that you are close. Welcome to the site. Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HuronMachinist

rkFNPxd

First half done and equipment setup.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
You found a new Emco Maximat - now that was a score. In the 70's I borrowed a friends model engineering mags and books & recall this Japanese guy built these awesome steam locomotives on a Maximat lathe. His shop was a room in apartment building the size the average Calgarian would call a closet. I think its Austrian. right? What size?
http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/Hiraoka.htm
https://www.flickr.com/photos/edhume3/sets/72157618884910580/

What about this (pic)? Cant quite tell - mini shaper?

Attachments

• SNAG-2-1-2018 0000.jpg
    SNAG-2-1-2018 0000.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 3