• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Hello from Richmond Hill

trlvn

Ultra Member
Hi Mike. I'm from Oakville.

Do you have some equipment at this point? What kinds of projects are you planning?

Craig

Maker Mike

Premium Member
Hi Mike. I'm from Oakville.

Do you have some equipment at this point? What kinds of projects are you planning?

Craig
Craig,
Yes, on the metal working side I have a CNC machine that I built similar to Wade'O Design on the internet. I also have a south bend 9a lathe and a Raglan mill and a delta drill press. I have a miller mig welder and a DIY 2x48" belt grinder, and that is about it for metal working. I have a steel city table saw, router table, hammer jointer planer combo, laguna bandsaw, Wadkin Bursgreen wood lathe on the wood side of things if you are interested.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Craig,
Yes, on the metal working side I have a CNC machine that I built similar to Wade'O Design on the internet. I also have a south bend 9a lathe and a Raglan mill and a delta drill press. I have a miller mig welder and a DIY 2x48" belt grinder, and that is about it for metal working. I have a steel city table saw, router table, hammer jointer planer combo, laguna bandsaw, Wadkin Bursgreen wood lathe on the wood side of things if you are interested.

Just so you know, the site is called Canadian Hobby Metal Workers, but many of us dabble in wood to various degrees too.

Its all welcome here.

Sounds like you don't need us to help you spend your retirement fund on new equipment...... :(

But everyone needs new tooling....... :p

Maker Mike

Premium Member
Just so you know, the site is called Canadian Hobby Metal Workers, but many of us dabble in wood to various degrees too.

Its all welcome here.

Sounds like you don't need us to help you spend your retirement fund on new equipment...... :(

But everyone needs new tooling....... :p
On that I seem to be an expert. However I may ask for assistance anyway, you know kind of the voice of "reason".

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Craig,

Welcome from Toronto.

I love Wadkins products, they're well made and durable. I hope you get a lot of use out of your lathe

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Craig,
Let's see that CNC machine!

Maker Mike

Premium Member
Side and front view. Spindle is Ugra max 12,000rpm, 2.2kw, ER20 collets.

Attachments

• DSC_4222.JPG
    DSC_4222.JPG
    392.1 KB · Views: 5
  • CNC Front view.jpg
    CNC Front view.jpg
    534.2 KB · Views: 5

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
The spindle on the late is really beefy, can turn outboard on it, but I'm too scared to try it.
I tried to find a good wadkins lathe just to do outboard turning... but I'll likely have to make my own one day.

Have you seen ashley hardwood's video turning massive table top and pedestal at the same time.. on a vicmarc lathe. That would scare the heck out of me

Maker Mike

Premium Member
Yes, I have seen that. She makes beautiful stuff. That table pedestal was massive. I like watching Richard Raffin too. The ones that have been turning professionally for years are so quick.