• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Hello from Red Deer

jbhorton

Hey from a Saskatchewan made, Edmonton, Calgary and Coquitlam BC lived, newly transplanted to Red Deer hobbyist.

I've got a little Atlas 618 and the King Mini mill, mostly to support making random things my wife needs to make her woodworking go better. Think extra tool posts for her lathe tool rests.

Trying to get a sense of where to find things out here now like metals or other shops I've never heard of for tooling, machines, etc.. Already a KMS fans (main store was in Coquitlam), Busy Bee (5 more minutes away in New West), and while KBC is further away I almost always shipped from them or Travers for things anyways.

So now that I'm here (this includes Calgary,Edmonton) is there anything exciting I should know about? Didn't have these hobbies last time we were in AB.

I'll also happily take tips on woodworking shops, used to buy wood turning blanks at wood to works in chilliwack so would like a local-ish replacement for that too.

Also will take any suggestions around local-ish 3d printing supplies. I used to buy mg chemicals filament from RP Electronics of Burnaby and was quite happy with it.

Last edited:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Welcome to our forum from a Prairie born traiter now living in farm country south of Chatham Ontario. You will find lots of help here.

Hopefully the members in the west can help you out.