Hello from Prince Albert, Sk

bernie

Hi I've been reading and following along this site since May. I have been setting up a small home hobby shop in "my half" of the garage. I have a lathe, a couple of drill presses and some basic tooling and measuring devices. I hope to meet some other folks from around my area. I also do spend some time in Calgary as my daughter lives there.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Welcome aboard.

I started with a "half." It grew to 3/4." Now it is a full garage.

My wife parks in the driveway.

And I sleep on the couch.

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice
Welcome. I also work out of "my half" of the garage. I have a deal to take the other half during the non-winter days.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
tool creep

/tōōl/ /krēp/
noun: tool creep

1. a highly desirable state of being in which a garage gets filled with essential tools and industrial machines beneficial to both the mental well being of the tool owner, as well as the maintenance of household, or other machines within the household.
"As tool creep grew in the garage, there was no space for his wife's car."

historicalarms

Ultra Member
tool creep

/tōōl/ /krēp/
noun: tool creep

1. a highly desirable state of being in which a garage gets filled with essential tools and industrial machines beneficial to both the mental well being of the tool owner, as well as the maintenance of household, or other machines within the household.
"As tool creep grew in the garage, there was no space for his wife's car."

Yup...I justified 10 grand worth of shop /hobby tooling just by machining four alum. chair leg bottoms so they don't scuff the floor anymore.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Yup...I justified 10 grand worth of shop /hobby tooling just by machining four alum. chair leg bottoms so they don't scuff the floor anymore.
Bonus points for convincing your significant other how necessary these were. You are an inspiration to us all.