Hello From Northern BC

terry_g

Ultra Member
I found a link to this forum on a firearms forum and joined right away.
I retired in December 2019 a month after my 60th birthday and after 40 years as a HD mechanic.
I still work a couple days most weeks at a local truck and equipment shop. I mostly do electrical and electronic repairs.

I learned the basics of running a lathe in grade eight and always wanted one.
In the mid 1990s I picked up a Southbend 10K metric lathe in nice shape and spent hundreds of hours making chips with it.
In 2008 I replaced it with a Craftex 12" x 36" gear head lathe which I still have and a Craftex 8"x 32" knee mill.
Most of what I know was self taught or learned the hard way. I will probably be here with more questions than answers.
Thanks for having me!

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I found a link to this forum on a firearms forum and joined right away.
I retired in December 2019 a month after my 60th birthday and after 40 years as a HD mechanic.
I still work a couple days most weeks at a local truck and equipment shop. I mostly do electrical and electronic repairs.

I learned the basics of running a lathe in grade eight and always wanted one.
In the mid 1990s I picked up a Southbend 10K metric lathe in nice shape and spent hundreds of hours making chips with it.
In 2008 I replaced it with a Craftex 12" x 36" gear head lathe which I still have and a Craftex 8"x 32" knee mill.
Most of what I know was self taught or learned the hard way. I will probably be here with more questions than answers.
Thanks for having me!
Sounds like you'll fit in. Welcome!