Hello from Harrison

hhshermit

Recently joined as a new member and delighted to find there is a website for Canadian hobby metalworkers. I'm a retired engineer living in Harrison Hot Springs BC who has been fascinated by CNC since I acquired my first NC mill in 1974. (It had punched 8 bit paper tape controls). With more time now that I'm retired, I am hoping to get my machining skills up to apprentice level by building a Quorn Tool and Cutter grinder from a kit. I have written a series of articles on this build and the first is appearing in the current Home Shop Machinist magazine. I have also been exceedingly fortunate to have made the acquaintance of a couple of professional machinists who have been very generous with their time, advice and access to machine tools I don't have.

JReimer

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Glad to see another one from the fringe of the lower mainland BC. Would love to see that article if you have a link. and any pictures you want to share. I'm just starting on this journey so am eager to see what people have done.

Arbutus

Super User
Premium Member
And hello from Abbotsford! I'm also a retired engineer with a full machine shop. I attempted a Quorn about 20 years ago. Might resurrect that some day when the hunnydo list shrinks!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
THEY CAN SHRINK!!!!!!!! - I've only ever witness them growing. I wish you luck with yours as I try to tackle another item on mine.

That's my experience too. As fast as one item comes off the list three more are added. They teach this to girls before they get married.