• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Hello from Cuba

Tom O

Ultra Member
Well you lucky B! I would have thought that type of trip was for when the snow flies.
have fun

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
You guys are funny! I see a vast expanse of turquoise water; white sandy beaches; I can almost smell the salty breeze as it rustles the leaves of the palm trees, and feel the glorious warmth of the sun on my face......you guys see some crooked man-made light fixture!!
When these views are in our back yard, so to speak, the interesting part is the light fixture.;)

Attachments

• PointNoPointResort-1.jpg
    PointNoPointResort-1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
  • TrailToMysticBeach-1.jpg
    TrailToMysticBeach-1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
  • ViewCabinB-West.jpg
    ViewCabinB-West.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
You guys are funny! I see a vast expanse of turquoise water; white sandy beaches; I can almost smell the salty breeze as it rustles the leaves of the palm trees, and feel the glorious warmth of the sun on my face......you guys see some crooked man-made light fixture!!

I'm with @jcdammeyer and I don't even have his views! I'd just rather go North or West or East any day every day than ever go South. The whole idea of going South is of zero interest to me!

Not interested in a white beach. But a crooked light fixture? Ya, that is interesting! But better yet is a very small selection of the things I see almost every day right here:

20220726_144128.jpg 20220510_081743.jpg 20220219_183315.jpg 20220210_112654.jpg 20220905_114216.jpg ý

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
I'm with @jcdammeyer and I don't even have his views! I'd just rather go North or West or East any day every day than ever go South. The whole idea of going South is of zero interest to me!

Not interested in a white beach. But a crooked light fixture? Ya, that is interesting! But better yet is a very small selection of the things I see almost every day right here:
What's that white stuff???? Doesn't look like sand.

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Susquatch posted some nice pics, first there is firewood for the camp stove, then lunch for 1 of the numerous cats, lunch for me and the hounds, frickken cold stuff and lastly a tick laden walk way.
I want the warm white sand.

Such narrow views, I Iive on the world and want to enjoy all of that it has to offer before some stupid humans destroy it all.

As to engineering/machining inventiveness you really get to see what you can do with next to nothing. You are just spoiled in what you have access too.

I've been in various places of the world and enjoy it all, live love learn and enjoy. It also lets you share what we offer in Canada (yes I do a lot of off grid back country stuff).

So enjoy what you see, be glad you have the choice to live like kings (all of us on this group) and get what you want, others are not so lucky.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
There are very few countries in the world that I have not been to. Despite all the things we Canadians complain about, I have the very strong opinion that the best of the best is Canada. There are a few close seconds though. New Zealand and Australia are strong contenders. I love Canada and I count myself very very lucky to call myself Canadian.

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice
I will ask the question we have all been wanting too, but avoiding.. On the trail to mystic beach photo, what does the orange tag on the tree mean? :p

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I will ask the question we have all been wanting too, but avoiding.. On the trail to mystic beach photo, what does the orange tag on the tree mean? :p

I just assumed @jcdammeyer has been walking in circles for 2 weeks. He got deliberately lost in paradise and finally decided to try to keep track of where he has been.

I can't zoom in to see if there are any numbers on the tag. If so, that might tell us how many times he went around that particular circle.

They really are very cool roots!

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
There are very few countries in the world that I have not been to. Despite all the things we Canadians complain about, I have the very strong opinion that the best of the best is Canada. There are a few close seconds though. New Zealand and Australia are strong contenders. I love Canada and I count myself very very lucky to call myself Canadian.
John,
I didn’t know you had Kiwi experiences.

My wife worked in Auckland, New Zealand with KPMG for a couple months while I was accessing a business in Melbourne, Australia.
New Zealand is on my list for a revisit.